quarta-feira, 4 de setembro de 2013

A half hearted prayer

I have prayed, dear Father
Over and over it over again
I say this is not mine hereafter
But I falter and wander to sin

I am such a fool
as I try to decide
I think I can rule
My heart soon divides
One part thinks I'm king
The other knows it's you
A heart divided in itself
cannot subside

Take this need for control from me
When mirrors blind me, help me see
That the Is and the mes
Just keep me so deceived

"Thy will be done" is my prayer
But if it's not my will done, "it isn't fair!"
Father, I'm so tired of this mask
So I give you the truth, as you asked

I am such a fool
as I try to decide
I think I can rule
My heart stays divided
One part wants me for king
The other knows it's you
A heart divided in itself
cannot be true

As I pray one more time
For you to take what was never mine
I see it's not the last, I may pray 1,000 times
For you to take the thorn in my flesh
Even if you don't, in you I'll find rest
For I see the love and care in your face
That say it's only enough to have grace

I am such a fool
I cannot decide
I know I can't rule
My heart is all lies
I do not want to be king
For I know the king is you
So I give you my heart
Make it yours and pure

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário