quarta-feira, 14 de agosto de 2013

A prosa virou poesia

Um poema baseado nos eventos do CF (finalmente, a prosa virou poesia!), em textos de Jeremias, Oseias, e algumas coisas mais.

Empty Hands

I thought I had the answers
What is there to say?
I thought I'd get what I wanted
As long as I prayed

My goal was to be happy
What's wrong with that?
"That's not what I made
you for as a matter of fact..."

I pleaded for long lists
Things I needed, like that
I fought with my own fists
Trying to get them back

But you took them away,
far beyond the sea
"You'll not have it your way,
just look at me"


In the pieces of my broken life
I sat, I pleaded and cried
I don't understand why!
Give me back what's mine!

I was that old clay jar
You just couldn't fix
I walked way too far
So you crushed me to bits

"I tried to speak low,
but you just wouldn't listen!
So I stopped speaking slow,
spoke how you couldn't miss it

"You put your self-value
in all the wrong things
In titles, and knowledge,
science and rings

"You thought you were only
as good as they say
Since you wouldn't let go,
Then I took them away

"Those things aren't all bad,
but it's not all there is
Don't believe the first lad
filled with empty promises.

"I have died for your life
I have hurt for your sin
But I love and forgive you
as though you never did

"You can be holy, my child
rather than just happy
But soon the pain will be mild
When I have you beside me

"So I plead you to listen
I want you to come back
My child, you are forgiven
I have all that you lack"


I have sold my soul
to all these pretty things
that surround me and take me
away from your wings

Now my hands are empty
As they always have been
Only I was too blinded
To ever have seen

I hate what I see
and I dread all I've done
Still you say you loved me
and sent me your Son

So I kneel at you feet
and give the bits of me to you
That is, if you take me
though I'm battered and used

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário